Scheduling with Primavera P6
New Orleans, LA or
host a private course
at your facility!
8:30am - 4:00pm
GPM has found over the years that educating students using a highly interactive, hands-on workshop where concept reinforcement is stressed is the best means of preparing students to apply training on the job.
Who Should Attend?
Project Team Members, Project Managers, Program Managers, Estimators, Planners, Engineers, Drafters, Designers, Business Owners, Government Employees, Contractors, Subcontractors, Foremen, Supervisors, and Project Support Personnel.
What You Will Learn:
Lesson 1. – Introduction to Project Management & Scheduling
Lesson 2. – Starting a New Project
- What is Project Management?
- What is Scheduling?
Lesson 3. - WBS / Activities
- Initiating a Project
- Customizing Project Information
- Setting Parameters
- Saving / Protecting Project Information
Lesson 4. - Calendars
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Defining Activities
- Adding Activities
- Estimating the Durations of Activities
Lesson 5. - Logic
- Planning for Workdays / Work hours
- Adding New Calendars
- Assigning Calendars to Tasks
Lesson 6. – Resource Planning
- What is Critical Path Methodology (CPM)?
- Relationship Types
- What are Predecessors / Successors?
- Assigning / Tracking Logic
Lesson 7. – Organizing and Filtering Schedule Information
- Organizational Resource Planning
- Building the Resource Dictionary
- Assigning Resources
Lesson 8. – Updating the Schedule
- Grouping & Sorting Project Information
- Activity Coding
Lesson 9. – Layouts and Reporting
- Creating the Target
- Applying “Actuals” to the Schedule
- On Time / On-Budget?
- Monitoring the Schedule
- Generating Graphic and Tabular Reports
- Distributing Information to Project Stakeholders
- Administrative Closure
Lesson 10. – Case Studies
Repetition through “hands-on” training is the only way to become proficient in
scheduling. Students may perform “real-life” case studies, which are included in
materials as additional practice building a schedule.
Instructors / Certifications:
Global Project Management is a Global Registered Educational Provider (R.E.P.) with the Project Management Institute (PMI) and, appropriately, requires that ALL instructors be certified Project Management Professionals (PMP) with PMI.